Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Men Of GodRCCG Pastor Confesses To Cocaine Addiction In front Of His Christians!

 Pastor says he sold his blood for cocaine
A pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of  God in Lagos has revealed his struggle with drug addiction in a way to show that no one is beyond redemption and no one is perfect in the eyes of God.  The clergyman said this yesterday during a visit to the Christ Against Drug Abuse Ministry (CADAM) in the Epe area in Lagos State.
Pastor Victor Edo, a zonal pastor of RCCG, said that he once sold his blood just to get money to help his addiction to heroine and cocaine.


The pastor, an alumnus of the CADAM, told our correspondent that his 13-year journey as a drug peddler and addict started in 1985 in Lagos when he started selling drugs.
He said, “ At a point, I started taking them. I was the kingpin of Ikeja Cocaine Triangle that media were writing about sometime in 1987. NDLEA eventually arrested me.
“I sold my blood just to satisfy my urge. My father and my relatives rejected me, but eventually I came to CADAM in 1998. Today I am an ordained pastor.”
A woman in the rehabilitation centre, Steven Ufom , told PUNCH Metro that the demise of her husband turned her to a drinker.
“I drank alcohol for nine years. Initially, I was taking it to relieve myself of pains and sorrows caused by the death of my husband because there was nobody to assist me in taking care of my three children. I took different kinds of alcohol to the point of stupor. I was all alone. My parents had died; my sons disowned me and ran away from me because of the disgrace I caused them.
“No matter how dejected you are, don’t make drugs and alcohol your last resort. One can easily get addicted,” Ufom said.

No comments:

Post a Comment